Sunday, July 8, 2007

As I have recently been told by a fellow blogger, I don't keep up with it. Alas I must agree. So here is my attempt to make her proud and update my blog, at least for this week. When I started this blog I thought I would be on it every day- I'm lucky if I get time enough in the day to sit and eat dinner, let alone take a few minutes to blog. I know, I know... just full of excuses. I will attempt to be better at this. At least a weekly post.

Sunday started out as a lazy day, but then company arrived in the late afternoon. We decided that today would be Show down Sunday with a friendly game of wiffle ball. Notice in the pictures there is not one of me... this is a strategic move. As long as I have a camera in my hands I don't have to be involved in the actual game. :) I LOVE watching sports, never been much of one to get involved.


Here is my future baseball money maker (Ok I would be happy with a sports scholarship) CJ up to bat... what you don't see is daddy "the pitcher" standing behind me ready to throw the ball. I was in fear for my face and camera, but dared to get close enough just long enough to get this really cute picture of CJ. For 3 he does really well hitting the ball. Does even better throwing it.
This was a much safer shot of the future baseball star.


Here is daddy getting some much needed pitching advice from the "experienced" player.

Big Brother Nathan came out to join the game after he saw how much fun we were having. Even after it started raining.For those of you who know my living situation, this is one of the many "borders" in the Home for the Homeless. Uncle Pat. He's the biggest kid of them all.

There are more pics but too many to post.

Here is the sentimental part of my post.
One thing that I realized today is that I don't spend nearly enough time with the kids, family or any of the "homeless" that live in my house nor do I take enough pictures to capture these moments. It was a rather humbling experience today to watch them all together and get to capture those moments for my collection of photos, that over the years has slowly stopped growing. Why?? Because I've been too busy to stop and watch life happen. Now I get to share these moments that I had today with you. I'm hoping that I take the time to enjoy and share more of these moments.

No comments: